By down loading this app, these terms will automatically apply to you and you must abide by and agree to all of these terms and conditions—therefore, you should make sure that you read them carefully and agree to them before using the app.
Charity Connection, A California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation (“CC”, “we”, “us”) is the licensed provider of the Knock Knock app (“Knock Knock”) and has all rights to provide this app to you and oversees and manages your use of the application. CC is a non-profit organization formed in the State of California and is dedicated to helping you support other charities in addition to its own endeavors to fight homelessness. We desire that Knock Knock is as useful and efficient as possible. For that reason, we reserve the right to make changes to the app or to charge for its services, at any time and for any reason. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions or changes made, do not use the app. We will never charge you for the app or its services without making it very clear to you exactly what you are paying for.
Future Changes and Reserved Rights
We reserve the right to change these terms at any time. Continuing use of this app following the changes means that you accept those changes. You are prohibited from copying or modifying the app or any part of the app, or our trademarks in any way. You are prohibited from extracting or attempting to extract the source code of the app, and you are prohibited from translating the app into other languages, or making derivative versions. The developer retains all rights to the intellectual property and its use.
Some Technical Expectations
Knock Knock stores and processes personal data that you will or have provided to us, in order to provide our service. It’s your responsibility to keep your phone and access to the app secure. We therefore recommend that you do not jailbreak or root your phone, which is the process of removing software restrictions and limitations imposed by the official operating system of your device. It could make your phone vulnerable to malware/viruses/malicious programs, compromise your phone’s security features, and it could mean that Knock Knock won’t work properly or at all.
The app does use third party services that declare their own Terms and Conditions.
Link to Terms and Conditions of third-party service providers used by the app
With respect to CC and the developer’ responsibility for your use of the app, when you’re using the app, it’s important to bear in mind that although we endeavor to ensure that it is updated and correct at all times, we do rely on third parties to provide information to us so that we can make it available to you, including data from other users. CC and the developer accept no liability for any loss, direct or indirect, you experience as a result of relying wholly or partially on the functionality of the app or the information provided by users of the app.
We are Committed to Protecting You
The information you provide us about you as well as the items you share and borrow will not be sold to other parties. Period. In order for the app to function properly some data is shared with affiliate and charitable organizations, but not for purposes of solicitation, only feature functionality. We aim to protect you and your data!
Borrowing and Sharing Expectations
DO NOT SHARE OR BORROW ANY ITEM UNTIL YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE THESE TERMS:
First, you must be at least 18 years old to use this app. If you are a minor, you may not download or create an account; and you must seek permission from your legal guardian to use this app on their account.
When you share an item on the app you agree to the following:
– The item is not reprehensible, inappropriate, of an “intimate” nature, or something that would be generally offensive to a majority of other human beings. As a guide, if it would be inappropriate to show the item to a child, you shouldn’t be sharing it on this app. Think of the app as “Family Rated”.
– Placing a picture of the item online will not result in a privacy, trademark or licensing infringement of any kind. Pictures of items are authentic and are taken by you of the actual item. You agree not to share fake pictures of items or to modify a picture to represent the item in a better light. We want authentic pictures. We reserve the right to take down any picture we find offensive or inappropriate. You recognize that pictures and details on items you place will be publicly shared and there is no assumption of privacy related to the information you provide on the app. We reserve the right to block your account if you abuse it by attempting to share items that are not permissible or are inappropriate or sharing pictures of content that is not approved by us. We reserve the right to make decisions regarding what is and is not appropriate and even if our application of those decisions is or seems inconsistent across various members you agree not to dispute or take action against us.
– The item does not have any real or perceived value personally, professionally, physically, emotionally or financially. Furthermore, you agree that if one or more items are lost, damaged or missing, you will not suffer financial hardship, emotional distress, physical pain or any other damage or injury.
– You understand and agree that if you lose an item you share or if an item you share becomes damaged or missing that your claim upon the borrower is limited to up to the replacement deposit (less any fees charged by us). You further agree that if the borrower does not pay the replacement deposit at any time of entering into the transaction, that you will hold only the borrower and not us nor the developer responsible for not being reimbursed. We can attempt to make reasonable efforts to contact the borrower on your behalf if you submit a dispute regarding a lost, damaged or missing item. We cannot guarantee or promise any result from your submitting a dispute.
– If we find a pattern of repeated disputes, we reserve the right to block your account and you agree that you will have no recourse against us in doing so.
– If you make any attempt to game the experience by creating opportunities that cause harm or abuse to the system, to other members or any attempt to gain income through disputes and/or high or high volume replacement value demands will result in your account being blocked and you agree you may not take any action against us for doing so and further agree to not open another account.
– You understand and agree that you are not compensated for sharing an item, but because of your generosity and good will, you have the opportunity to select up to four (4) charities from which a borrower will select to donate at the end of the transaction.
– You may communicate with a borrower and decide for yourself a safe place to lend a borrower your item. You do NOT have to initiate a transaction from your home to maintain your privacy. Furthermore, if you prefer to not have the borrower meet you in person to return an item to you, you may choose (but are not required) to have the borrower place the item at a location of your choosing; however, if you choose this option you must provide the borrower with adequate information and access to leave said item in a place that is safe and secure. You are fully and solely responsible for the item if it is lost, damaged or missing once the item is returned by the borrower, even if the borrower does not place the item in the proper or exact location. This option is for your convenience and neither we nor the borrower can guarantee that: a) the borrower knows the exact location; b) the location is in fact safe for the borrower to access and/or safe for the item to be placed; or c) that others might have access to the item once it is dropped off. Furthermore, you are responsible for the safety of and the access to the proposed drop off area…both for the safety of the item as well as the general safety of the borrower.
– If you wish to dispute a transaction, you may dispute it by selecting your Home screen then going to Settings and then Disputes. You will select, which transaction you are disputing and provide any information you can about your dispute. You understand and agree that we cannot force another member to take any specific action, pay for or repair a grievance or claim. You further agree to hold us and the developer harmless from any action or inaction by us or another member as well as from any damage, claim or injury you or others incur due to using the app, the actions of another member, physical injury, property damage or any other claim or dispute. In addition, you agree to be bound by the results and decisions of CC regarding any dispute as the final arbitrator between the sharer and borrower of any dispute. Any hold on the borrower’s payment method is lifted upon completion of a transaction; therefore, it is in your best interest to file any dispute in advance of the completion of the transaction or soon thereafter. Disputes that are older than 30 days of the ending of the transaction may not be considered. You agree to not demand restitution for any emotional damages at any time or for any reason.
When you borrow an item on the app you agree to the following:
– You understand and agree that the app is meant to help you connect with other people in a sharing and borrowing community and that we are simply providing a tool as a resource to enable you to communicate with and perform sharing and borrowing transactions. We don’t promise that you will be able to borrow any item or be successful with any transaction. You further understand and agree that neither we nor the developer are a party to any transaction or communication and play no role in any transaction contemplated or consummated, except that we will process your donations and hold your replacement fees for the benefit of the sharer if you damage or fail to return an item.
– You agree that you do not have any ownership in the item you borrow and that you have a duty to store, use, transport and otherwise protect the item from any damage, loss, misplacement, use by anyone else and/or mis use. You further agree to treat the sharer’s property in the best possible way you can, and in a way that if the sharer could see how you possessed and used the item that they would be content and happy they lent it to you. Remember that the sharer has NO obligation to share their item with you and are doing you and a community a good deed in sharing their item. Do not borrow an item unless you will return it in the same or better condition and have the physical capacity to return it.
– The item you borrow is an inanimate object. We do not “borrow” or traffic in our humanity or any other species for that matter. If you find any sharer that attempts to solicit or otherwise attempt human trafficking, we ask that you immediately notify us.
– You understand and agree that the sharer gets to decide up to four (4) charities from which you will pick one to donate for the benefit of having borrowed an item. The sharer does not financially benefit for lending you an item. Although you are not obligated to donate, you show appreciation and respect to the sharer by donating to one of their charities. You may choose the amount to donate. The suggested amount is based on the amount of time you lent the item. You may donate more than the suggested amount. The more you donate the more you show your appreciation for the use of the item and also support our greater community.
– You may communicate with a sharer about anything related to the item. Please be respectful when communicating. The sharer may either meet you in person or direct you to return the item at a place of their choosing, which you agree to do. If the place is unsafe, please communicate your concerns to the sharer and work with them to make other arrangements. However, you holding on to their item is as though you are continuing to borrow it. You are fully responsible for the item and its safety and any damage until you have returned the item to a place approved by the sharer. If you hold on to the item longer than the time you originally agreed, we have the right to charge you and deduct value from your replacement fee up to the value of the replacement fee.
– At the end of the transaction, you will have the right but not obligation to make a donation to one of four charities chosen by the sharer. You DO NOT HAVE TO DONATE. However, in the spirit of the community, as a way to say thank you and a way to pay forward the gift you received for having been able to borrow an item without cost Knock Knock gives you the opportunity to donate to a charity. You are not obligated to donate or to donate a specific amount. The suggested amount shown in the app is based on the length of time you borrowed an item. You may change that amount to any amount you choose (up or down, or nothing at all). You might consider the benefit you received by using an item and consider the good you can do by helping out when deciding how much to donate.
– You further understand and agree to be solely and fully responsible for any loss, damage, or misplacement of the item and that you will be charged on your payment card for up to the full value of the replacement fee noted on the item at the time of creating the transaction. You agree and promise to allow us to collect the value of the replacement fee on your card and otherwise to cover any charges for which you agreed above you are responsible.
– You further understand and agree that you are solely and fully responsible for any damage to property or physical or emotional injury that may or does result from or is related to your borrowing, transporting, storing, using or having in your possession any item borrowed or potentially borrowed through the Knock Knock app, whether harm or injury is to yourself or any other person (related or unrelated to you) until the item is returned to the sharer. You specifically agree that you and only you are responsible for any damage to property owned yourself or others while borrowing the item until the item is returned to and in the possession of the sharer.
– You promise and claim that you are at least 18 years old and are of sound mind and without duress waive and agree with the following to the extent permitted by applicable law: 1) You agree that at no time and in no way will we, the sharer or the developer be held responsible for any damage, injury, liability or claim that is based on or is a result of your borrowing any item; 2) You indemnify and hold us and the developer harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages or liabilities resulting from using the app, borrowing any item, or conducting any transaction; and 3) You waive any other rights or claims (whether known or unknown) that are associated with or resulted from your using the app.
– If you wish to dispute a transaction, you may dispute it by selecting your Home screen then going to Settings and then Disputes. You will select, which transaction you are disputing and provide any information you can about your dispute. You understand and agree that we cannot force another member to take any specific action, pay for or repair a grievance or claim. You further agree and hold us harmless from any action or inaction by us or another member as well as from any damage, claim or injury you or others incur due to using the app, the actions of another member, physical injury, property damage or any other claim or dispute. In addition, you agree to be bound to the results and decisions of CC regarding any dispute as the final arbitrator between the sharer and borrower of any transaction. You agree to not demand restitution for any emotional damages at any time or for any reason.
– If we find a pattern of repeated disputes, we reserve the right to block your account and you agree that you will have no recourse against us in doing so.
– If you make any attempt to game the experience by creating opportunities that cause harm or abuse to the system, to other members or any attempt to gain income through disputes and/or high or high volume replacement value demands or theft of items these actions will result in your account being blocked and you agree you may not take any action against us for doing so and further agree to not open another account. We reserve the right to take further action against you to protect the interests of the community and app. If you see any abuses like this, we ask you to report them to us immediately.
Transactions and Payments
CC handles all transactions and donations. CC is a California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation. As such, the entire amount (100%) of money you donate IS donated to a non-profit. CC then aggregates donations and forwards your donation on to the designated charity you select during the donation process. Fees for processing transactions and donations as well as handling fees are paid by your donations to cover these and other administrative costs. These costs vary and are impacted by volume among other factors.
CC cannot guarantee how much money a charity will receive nor that the charity you select will accept a donation. CC has their own programming agenda that is currently geared towards working to combat homelessness. If at any time, CC is not able to or does not send net proceeds to a charity, we will retain the funds to use for our own approved non-profit programs, including helping the homeless.
CC works with the developer to invite any legitimate charity to participate in the app. If you know of or represent a Charity that would like to participate, please have them contact us. The selection process can be rigorous and a charity is not guaranteed to be approved or for how long they will be allowed to remain actively listed on the app. We help you process donations you electively choose to make at the end of each transaction. The sharer in each transaction gets to select up to four (4) charities to which a borrower selects one of these to donate. The sharer and not the borrower has the privilege of designating the four charities since the sharer receives no transaction-direct monetary benefit from the developer or CC for offering their items to share.
If you do not agree to the above statements then do not donate through the app.
We do not vet members as to their reputation, performance or honesty, but we do try to display review scores of each member, which score is heavily based on the reviews received by other members. Each member begins with a “5 Star” score and then this score is adjusted with each review the member receives. Regardless of a review score, you need to make your own independent decision as to whether or not to share an item, borrow an item and/or conduct any transaction with any other member.
Among other rights, we reserve the right to take any actions we believe will promote the safety and welfare of the community, including but not limited to blocking inappropriate or adult content, blocking accounts we choose without or without your approval, changing features and functionality, etc. We do not commit to nor promise we will observe or see all offensive items, not take action in all cases.
More about Us
The app and all the trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights related to it, is owned by High Summit, LLC (the “developer”). The developer, develops apps and licenses them to other entities for providing them to the public. CC and the developer share data and information, including information related to the development of the app. However, only CC processes transactions and handles disputes. Your relationship with the app is limited to a business relationship with CC and not the developer as CC has the rights to, controls and handles all business aspects of the app. Any complaints, claims or disputes you have with the app, its use, its usability or anything else related to the app must be filed solely with CC. You further indemnify and hold harmless CC and the developer from any claim, dispute or issue arising out of your using or being aware of the app, including any loss from an item you share and/or claims arising out of borrowing an item from another user, including but not limited to loss of life, limb, property and/or any other damages or injuries sustained or claimed. If you do not agree with this statement you must never download, or if downloaded, never use the app.
At some point, we may wish to update the app. The app is currently available on Android & iOS – the requirements for both systems(and for any additional systems we decide to extend the availability of the app to) may change, and you’ll need to download the updates if you want to keep using the app. The developer does not promise that it will always update the app so that it is relevant to you and/or works with the Android & iOS version that you have installed on your device. However, you promise to always accept updates to the application when offered to you, we may also wish to stop providing the app, and may terminate use of it at any time without giving notice of termination to you. Unless we tell you otherwise, upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted to you in these terms will end; (b) you must stop using the app, and (if needed) delete it from your device.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We may update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page.
These terms and conditions are effective as of 2020-05-05
Your downloading and/or use of Knock Knock includes the ability to enter into agreements and/or make transactions electronically. You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority to enter into the agreements (“Agreement”) set forth within these terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and/or any entity you represent, and to legally bind such entity to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You acknowledge that your electronic submissions of borrowing and sharing items as well as downloading and using Knock Knock constitute your agreement and intent to be bound by and to pay for such agreements and transactions. Your agreement and intent to be bound by this Agreement applies to all transactions.
At the time of the transaction the sharer should show the borrower a QR code embedded in the transaction information. The QR code is then showed and shared back to the sharer once the item is returned. In this manner we expect that person that has possession of the code also is currently in possession of the item.
Severability of Claims
To the degree any item contained herein is found to be unenforceable the remaining parts continue enforceable.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.